A graphical tool to show, organize and calculate big amounts of data
Matrex is the perfect tool for mathematical models and for other statistical, engineering, physical, and generally scientific calculations.
Matrex is based on matrices, which are meant as square grids of numbers, texts, dates or booleans.
Matrex matrices can be real matrices, vectors or simple values.
Matrex uses also:
- functions to transform matrices to other matrices.
- presentations to show multiple matrices together in a spreadheet-like way.
- charts to show matrices graphically.
Advantages: simplicity, performance, multithreading, readability, easy projects sharing; and the feeling you have everything under control.
Matrex uses the following products:
- SWT for the graphical user interface
- JFreeChart for the 2D charts
- FreeHep for the 3D charts
- Jython as embedded scripting language
- Apache Commons Math to calculate pure matrices functions and statistical functions
- IzPack to install Matrex.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version adds 42 new functions in the standard package, including: sys.db.update, which inserts/updates data in a database; and sys.util.convertunit, which converts numbers among different units.
- It has an improved template editor (class selection) and some bugfixes.
- It needs Java 6 (JRE 1.6) to run.