A proprietary photo editor for Linux!
LightZone supports every camera ever made using JPEG. LightZone reads JPEG(JPG) files, and most every camera ever made uses JPEG files. In addition LightZone can read specific RAW file formats from all major manufactures for additional image quality.
RAW file support:
Advanced photographers appreciate saving disk space with LightZone. LightZone is the only photo-editing application that edits RAW photographs without the need to convert them.
Many digital SLR's and other cameras shoot in a format called RAW. In addition to JPEG, TIFF, DNG, LightZone supports the following RAW formats: ARW, CR2, CRW, DCR, KDC, MOS, MRW, NEF, ORF, PEF, RAW, SR2 and TIF.
The currently supported camera RAW types are:
EOS 1D, EOS 1D Mark II, EOS 1D Mark II N, EOS 1Ds, EOS 1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark III , EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS D30, EOS 40D, EOS D60, EOS Digital Rebel (300D, KISS Digital N), EOS Digital Rebel XT (350D), EOS Digital Rebel XTi (400D), EOS 450D, EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss Digital Powershot G2, Powershot G3, Powershot G5, Powershot G6, PowerShot G9, Powershot S30, Powershot S40, Powershot S50, Powershot S60
FinePix E550, FinePix E900, FinePix F700, FinePix F710, FinePix S20 Pro, FinePix S3 Pro, FinePix S5 Pro , FinePix S5000, FinePix S5100, FinePix S5200, FinePix S5600, FinePix S7000, FinePix S9000, FinePix S9500, FinePix S2 Pro, FinePix S100FS
DCS Pro 14N, DCS Pro SLR-C, DCS Pro SLR-N, P850, P880, Pro Back, P712
M8 Digital, R9 Digital Back DMR, D-LUX 2, D-LUX 3, Digilux 2, Digilux 3, V-LUX 1
Alpha-7 Digital, Dimage A1, Dimage A2, Dimage A200, Dimage 5, Dimage 7, Dimage 7 HI, Dynax 5D, Dynax 7D, Maxxum 7D
D1H, D1X, D2H, D2Hs, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D100, D200, D300, D700, E5400, E8400, E8700, E8800
C-5050Z, C-5060WZ, C-70Z, C-7000Z, C-7070WZ, C-8080WZ, E-1, E-3, E-10, E-20, E-20N, E-20P, E-300, E-330, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-500, E-510, E-520, SP-350, SP-500UZ, SP-550UZ
DMC-FZ30, DMC-FZ50, DMC-FZ18, DMC-L1, DMC-LC1, DMC-LX1, DMC-LX2, DMC-L10
K10D, K20D, K100D, K200D, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DS
GX100, GR Digital II
DSC R1, DSLR A100, DSLR-A200, DSLR-A350, DSLR A700
- LightZone is 100% non-destructive:
- From editing RAW photographs or JPEG, TIFF or DNG photos, LightZone is a complete digital image editing application in a single software package. LightZone's intelligent editing features help adjust exposures, boost overall color, correct color shifts and white balance errors, selectively sharpen or blur images or parts of images, remove dust spots and reduce the noise often found in high-ISO digital images.
- Connecting the dots:
- LightZone is the only photo-editor where every operation is a smart operation.
- No more tweaking of confusing histograms, no more guess-work; a single slider in LightZone can adjust any of the 16 exposure values in an image: individually, grouped or selectively.
- Built-in intelligence:
- Safely experiment with change in exposures without changing color or vice versa. Instantly create High Dynamic Range images, without the need to take multiple exposures. All operations are performed in a 16-bit dynamic range for maximum editing flexibility.
- Unlimited layers:
- An unlimited tool stack allows for unlimited edits to the photograph, in which the hierarchy determines in what order these edits are performed. Edit instructions are stored as non destructive operational layers (rather than pixel layers). Individual edit operations can be sequenced differently and turned on or off.
- Powerful selections and mask:
- While many accurate adjustments can be made with tools without selections because of LightZone's advanced image analysis technology, sometimes a specific region requires more attention or isolation. LightZone's live-regions with feathering can be changed in shape, or moved even after the edit is applied. Regions are linked to individual tools, allowing for very detailed editing operations.
- Instant Styles:
- High Dynamic Range
- High Dynamic Range sunset
- Black and White Toning
- Blue filter Black and White
- Contrast and Pop
- InfraRed Look
- Lomo Look
- Palladium Toning
- Soft Wow
- Page Soft Wow
- Shadows opener
- Alien InfraRed
- Style creation
- Import and Export Styles
- Intelligent Tools:
- Relight tool
- Colorized Black and White
- Noise reduction
- Modify live RAW adjustments
- Selections and Masks
- White Balance
- Color Balance
- Clone and stamp
- Red-eye removal
- Powerful Workflow:
- Embedded edit tool-stack in JPEG
- Selective edit history
- Metadata editor & preference
- Lift and batch-apply Styles
- Image stack and unstack
- Smart select
- Send and preference
- Help and advice
- Photo browser
- Batch processing
- camera RAW support
- Rank and sort
- Soft Proof
- Printing with automatic resize
- RAW selective editing
- Lightroom integration
- iPhoto integration
- Aperture integration
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.6.1
- Added Canon 450D RAW support
- Added Canon 1000D RAW support
- Added Fujifilm S100FS RAW support
- Added Nikon D60 RAW support