Kooka is an intuitive, easy to use open source GNU/Linux scan program.
Kooka is the scan application of choice for the KDE project and thus it is official part of the KDE Graphics Package.
Kooka helps you to handle the most important scan parameters, find the correct image file format to save and manage your scanned images.
It offers support for different OCR modules. Libkscan, a autonomous part of Kooka, provides a scan service for easy and consistent use to all KDE applications.
Here are some key features of "Kooka":
· Scanner support using the SANE library.
· Handling of the important scanner options like resolution, mode, threshold etc. in a user friendly dialog.
· Preview- and final scanning
· Interactive and automatic scan area selection on a preview pane.
· The save assistant helps you to find the correct image format for your purpose and creates a filename for you automatically.
· Images are stored in the gallery - no need to find a folder to save for every test scan.
The Image Gallery
· A treeview organised place where your images are stored.
· Create and remove folders to organise your image collections.
· Intelligent zooming for best viewing comfort.
· Basic image manipulation functions like rotating, cropping and more.
· Image printing in original and custom size.
· Correct handling of picky tiff images like multipage tiffs.
· Drag and drop with other KDE programs.
· Kooka supports GOCR, an open source ocr project.
· Kooka works with KADMOS, a commercial OCR/ICR toolbox.
· Kooka interfaces Ocrad, a Free Software OCR program.
KDE Scan Service
· The libkscan provides a user friendly scan service to all other KDE applications which want to use it.
· Currently the KOffice Application and KView support it.
our in-depth analysis