Interlace patterns are a kind of design historically used as a decorations in many places and by different cultures (some examples are Celtic knotworks and Islamic interlaces).
Knotter aims to allow its user to design such patterns in an intuitive way and to provide easy ways to integrate the result into external general-purpose graphic software.
For this purpose, designs created within Knotter can be saved in a custom human-readable format and exported as Scalable Vector Graphics and in a wide number of raster image formats.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Script console to view output and exceptions from scripts and evaluate snippets.
· Enhanced scripting interaction.
· Plugins that execute script
· Lattice plugin: Inserts a square grid.
· Polygon plugin: Insert Polygon is now a plugin.
· Fill Area: Fills an area with a grid.
· Toggle Edges tool.
· Option to toggle antialiasing.
· Knot style is preserved between sessions.
· The background image can now be exported.
· The hex field in the color dialog is now smarter and can recognize several input types.
· Undoing edge removal will not leave ghost edges.
· Export image now points to the knot file name at the beginning.
· When saving a Knot file, Knotter will add the extension .knot if missing.