Knitting Pattern Generator 0.3
Knitting Pattern Generator is a Python script to convert image files (PNG, GIF, BMP, etc.) into knitting patterns.
python kpg.py myimage.png
· Python Imaging Library (PIL)
Here are some key features of "Knitting Pattern Generator":
· Convert a picture to a knitting pattern, various image formats supported:
any thing PIL supports
· Outputs HTML that "looks nice" suitable for printing (or editing). Plain text is also an option
· Template for knitting pattern can be edited in a regular HTML editor like NVU http://www.nvu.com/ if you do not like the default patterns that are generated
· Colour database - can create a list of yarn/thread colours and kpg will pick the closest colour (see mycolors.txt).
· Can create "mono" patterns with only one yarn/thread.
· GUI and command line tool available
· Installable Windows setup.exe
· Python source code available
· Known to run under Intel Linux and Win32