Kludge3d is a simple 3D editor, in the spirit of Worldcraft or Milkshape.
Kludge3d, as the name implies, is a kludge. An ugly hack. It will never be the next 3d Studio MAX, or even the next Milkshape. I set out to fashion a usable GPL'ed level modeler, similar to AC3d, for creating game levels. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I based my efforts on several existing editors, and kludge3d is the result. I hope you will find it useful.
What it does:
· loads and saves several file formats.
· creates vertices and polygons. No NURBS, splines, etc.
· organizes polygons into groups (aka meshes)
· applies textures to polygon meshes
What's New in This Release:
· added cylindrical texture mapping to the texture-application dialog; this allows you to wrap your textures around round objects
· made a small change to the build files to get kludge3d working with python 2.3