KChart is the KOffice chart drawing application part of the KOffice suite. Use it to embed charts into your KOffice documents, e.g. a report written with KWord or a slideshow made with KPresenter.
Here are some key features of "KChart":
Easy to Use:
· default values for all parameters
· automatic ordinate axis computation based on highest/lowest data value
· default sizes (fonts, line widths...) relative to the window size
· All of the parameters may be changed after configuring/drawing the chart.
· Size values (axis/grid line width, font sizes, bar width, dataset gap, pie chart radius ... ) may be specified in either absolute pixels or relative to the window size. This makes your chart layout-independent since such values are being recalculated automatically when the window dimensions have changed.
· Legends may be centered at a chart edge or in a corner with the chart making way in vertical and/or in horizontal direction thus offering 16 legend/chart relationships to choose from
· Header and footer texts have special font type/size and color settings
Axes and Data:
· Automatical ordinate axis computation based on highest/lowest data value which can be easily replaced by programmer-defined start, end and delta value settings.
· Abscissa labels may be taken either from data cells containing the respective strings or from programmer-defined QStringLists or calculated automatically based on a format chosen by the user and values found in the cells
· Up to 8 axes: 2 left, 2 right, 2 top, 2 bottom
· A chart may have 2 different ordinates: e.g. left axis for series 1,2,3 right axis for data series 4
· Each axis may draw (sub-)grid lines using their own color, line width, style
· sharing the same abscissa axis or using different ones (e.g Top and Bottom axis)
· sharing the same ordinate or using different ones (e.g Left and Right axis)
· Axes may use the same line color / line width as the bars (or the lines, resp.) which they belong to.
· Bar: normal | stacked | percent, 2D | 3D-Look
· Line: normal | stacked | percent, 2D | 3D-Look, show marker: circle | square | diamond
· Area: normal | stacked | percent
· HiLo: normal | open-close
· Pie: normal | exploded | some exploded, 2D | 3D
· Ring: normal | exploded | some exploded, fixed thickness | relative thickness
· Polar: normal | stacked | percent