JIBS is a Java Image Browser and Sorter.
- Slide Shows:
- Run Slide Shows in Full-Screen mode
- Automatically resizes pictures down to fit screen
- Use key board to control manual slide shows:
- CheckmarkGo forward one picture with the space bar, down arrow, right arrow
- Checkmark Go backward one picture with up arrow, left arrow
- Checkmark Go forward/backward 10% with page down/up
- Checkmark Go to beginning/end with home/end
- Use Mouse wheel to go forward and backward
- Automatically flip pictures at an adjustable interval
- Manual controls continue to work during automatic flipping
- Easy to see data recorded with picture (camera type, date taken, etc.)
- Rotate pictures �90by with Left or Right buttons
- Resize the pictures 10% with Shrink or Grow buttons
- Save the modified picture with the Save button
- Easily switch the view directory
- Several options for viewing files
- See the directorys you have to sort among
- See file count for each directory
- Create, rename, delete directories
- Scroll through directory with large resized picture
- Drag pictures to correct directory
- View file list of directory while scrolling through it
- Drag files from the file list to the sorted directory
- Checkmark Move or copy the file
- Rename single files
- Prepend words to the names of a group of files
- Checkmark Especially useful for camera downloads. For example, prepend "soccer" to a group files creating soccerP00001.jpg from P00001.jpg
- Drag & Drop works with native file systems
- Group Actions:
- Rename camera files with thier date and time
- Checkmark Downloads from cameras are typically named something like P00001.jpg This will rename the file to something like 2003.12.27-18.09.16.jpg giving the exact date and time the picture was taken, formatted to sort correctly in file listings. Works by reading the time and date information recorded when the picture was taken.
- Dedup pictures within a directory or across directories
- Rename a group of files by appending a unique designator
- Checkmark Especially useful for internet downloads where the downloads can have the same names (for example 001.jpg). JIBS will generate a new unique name like 001zxy00001.jpg. The next 001.jpg you download would be renamed with a different number like 001zxy00045.jpg. So now when you drag and drop there won't be name clashes.
- Strain out all non-image files
- Checkmark Strained files are placed in Park for your perusal
- Resize a group of files
- Optimize a group of files
- Checkmark Useful for downloaded files that are slow to display
- Merge a group of files
- CheckmarkUseful for recombining a movie split into several mpeg files
- Contact Sheets:
- Preview & print thumbnails of you pictures
- CheckmarkUseful for when you aren't at the computer
- Runs on any platform supporting Java 1.4
- Checkmark Windows
- Checkmark Mac
- Checkmark Linux
- Checkmark Sun Solaris
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- For file choosers which open with a default directory, if the default directory is not there, the next higher directory is used. Will not return the root directory. This allows the underlying file chooser to default to the user's home directory in case of root.
- Added a hash check sum checker because I could not easily find one and I hate looking. FireFox plug-in is in test status and I didn't feel like registering.
- If you rename JibsTree.jibs and associate that file ending with JIBS, then double-clicking on JibsTree.jibs will bring up Jibs with that directory list loaded. When you close JIBS, directory list will be written back to JibsTree.jibs. Not sure if I want to change JibsTree.txt to JibsTree.jibs since I don't have a loader to register the ending so what's the point?
- Fixed an annoyance where the entire contents of JibTree.txt was written to the console on startup.