IIPimage is a client/server system for viewing and navigating within extremely high resolution remote images.
In order for the system to be as efficient as possible, the images are stored in the multi-resolution TIFF tiled pyramidal format. This allows the server to extract regions of the full image at different resolutions very quickly with little processing overhead. Image of several gigapixels in size can be stored on a central server and viewed by many different users without the need to download large amounts of data.
- Fast lightweight Fast CGI server module that can be embedded in most web servers (Apache, Lighttpd, MyServer etc)
- Instant dynamic generation of JPEG overviews or details at any resolution
- Allows easy viewing of extremely large images (gigapixel size) with no significant memory requirements
- Standard TIFF-based image format that can be read by many image processing tools (Photoshop, GIMP, VIPS etc)
- 16 bits per channel image handling
- Greyscale, sRGB and CIE L*a*b* colour spaces
- Panoramic 3D object image sequences
- Secure image distribution: only JPEG-compressed views of the image are sent to the client. The full-resolution image does not need to be accessible
- Example uses: high resolution museum images, geographical information systems, medical imaging etc.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release includes many improvements, including navigation buttons, a draggable navigation window, and a loading progress bar.
- In addition, tile layers can be added to the view to allow image blending and for IIPMooViewer to be used to build advanced image visualization applications.
- See the demo page for an example of an online multispectral image visualization application built with IIPMooViewer.