Gnofract 4D 3.14
A program which allows you to create beautiful mathematically-based images called fractals.
What sets it apart from other fractal programs (and makes it "4D") is the way that it treats the Mandelbrot and Julia sets as different views of the same four-dimensional fractal object. This allows you to create images which are a cross between the two sets and explore their inter-relationships.
- Unlimited variety:
- Most fractal programs provide a fixed set of formulas. Gnofract 4D's formula compiler allows you to use any function you can think of. It also supports most Fractint and UltraFractal formulas and coloring algorithms so you can use the many formulas written for those packages.
- High quality output:
- 24-bit color rendering, coloring methods for smooth gradients, antialiasing, and no fixed limit on output size.
- Fast rendering:
- Since all formulas are compiled to machine code before being run, you get snappy calculations even on custom formulas. Also supports multiple processors.
- Easy-to-use interface:
- Modern GTK-based interface with unlimited undo, simple interaction, and quick previews.
- Find cool images quickly:
- Explorer Mode and AutoZoom help you find interesting parts of the fractal automatically.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.11
- --buildonly, --usebuilt, --cflags, --singlepoint flags
- benchfct.py script
- z*z -> sqr(z) in Mandelbrot
- 16x16 blocks