Geotools is an open source Java GIS toolkit for developing standards compliant solutions.
Using the GeoAPI interfaces, Geotools can be implemented on OGC-based projects.
Here are some key features of "GeoTools":
· OGC Standards Support WMS, GML, WFS, KML
· Spatial Database Support DB2, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, Oracle Spatial, SQLServer
· Raster and Vector support GeoTiff, World+Image, SHP
· Rendering engine configured with OGC Standard Style Layer Descriptor
· Referencing using ESPG Database
· Java 1.4.x
· The Java Advanced Imaging Libraries (JAI)
· The Java Advanced Imaging Image I/O Tools
· The JAI and the JAI I/O Tools
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version features several fixes in the WFS client, making it work against TinyOWS and the ArcGIS WFS server, and improvements in the usage of filter fuctions from SLD (some functions did not properly convert their arguments from string to numeric).
· Some tiling artifacts when rendering oversampled grid coverages were removed.
· FIDFilter objects in map rendering are now faster.