GTKRawGallery software is an open source image viewer with camera raw files support written in Python and pygtk for Linux O.S.
Why should you try it? Because it has all you need from an image viewer: it's very fast (tested with over than 10 Mb files) and light (less than 1900 code lines with a clean syntax for simple maintenance); finally, thanks to raw support, it's the definitive solution to manage your photos!
Here are some key features of "GTKRawGallery":
· Most known image formats supported: jpg, tiff, png, xpm, xbm, gif, ico, cur, ppm , pbm, pgm, pnm, pcx, bmp, svg, svgz, svg.gz, ras, tga, targa, wmf, apm, wbmp (see gdk_pixbuf doc);
· Camera raw files support: cr2, nef, crw, raf, kdc, dcr, mrw, orf, ptx, pef, arw, srf, x3f, erf, dng. For the updated list of supported cameras, please, visit Dcraw home page;
· 16 bit for channel color depth images recognized;
· Exif support (with makernotes);
· full featured browser with "copy", "move", "rename" and "delete" capabilities;
· Detail and thumbnail view for images;
· Thumbnails zooming;
· Thumbnails autorotation;
· Thumbnails cache;
· Full featured Dcraw GUI with fine controls and automatic preview;
· Image histogram: a very important tool on digital photography;
· Color enhance tools (adjust levels, gamma, normalize, color balance, exposure, saturation, hue, contrast, sigmoidal-contrast, channel mixer);
· Image effects and transform tools (sharpen, unsharp mask, blur, reduce noise, add noise, median filter, grayscale, sepia tone, scale, rotate, flip, flop, fine rotation, border, crop);
· Non destructive image workflow with a color depth >=16 bit; *
· Full-screen view;
· Zooming and rotation;
· Slideshow with fading transition and background player;
· Album manager;
· Fast link to open images with Gimp or other editing tools;
· "Save as" and "Conversion" features with exif data preserved;
· Multiple conversion with applicable workflow;
· Batch Processor;
· Metadata tagging to quickly search by categories (see exiftool manual for supported file types);
· Customizable GUI colors;
· Two different gallery layouts;
· User friendly graphic interface compatible with several screen resolutions (minimum 800x600).
· GTK+ >=2.8
· Python >= 2.4
· Pygtk >=2.8
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa Web Albums publisher.
· Vignette removal.
· A new Dark theme.
· Full-screen gallery view.