GPicView 0.2 Beta
GPicView is a simple and fast image viewer with low memory usage.
This little program is not aimed to be powerful or feature-rich. It's aimed to replace the default image viewer of current desktop systems. Fast-startup, low memory usage, and simple user interface make it a good choice for default viewer.
The program is inspired by the defualt image viewer of Windows xp and another GTK+ 2 image viewer - gimmage. Although looked quite similar to gimmage, GPicView has much lower memory usage and doesn't require libraries other than gtk+ 2. Even libstdc++ was not used.
- Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
- Very suitable for default image viewer of desktop system
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
- Desktop independent: Doesn't require any specific desktop environment
- Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- GIF animation support!!
- Save jpeg and png files with different compression ratio.
- Background color can be freely changed.
- Some bug fixes.