GPicView is a simple and fast image viewer with low memory usage.
This little program is not aimed to be powerful or feature-rich. It's aimed to replace the default image viewer of current desktop systems. Fast-startup, low memory usage, and simple user interface make it a good choice for default viewer.
The program is inspired by the defualt image viewer of Windows xp and another GTK+ 2 image viewer - gimmage. Although looked quite similar to gimmage, GPicView has much lower memory usage and doesn't require libraries other than gtk+ 2. Even libstdc++ was not used.
Here are some key features of "GPicView":
· Extremely lightweight and fast with low memory usage
· Very suitable for default image viewer of desktop system
· Simple and intuitive interface
· Minimal lib dependency: Only pure GTK+ is used
· Desktop independent: Doesn't require any specific desktop environment
· Open source, licensed under GNU GPL
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GIF animation support!!
· Save jpeg and png files with different compression ratio.
· Background color can be freely changed.
· Some bug fixes.
· UI polishing.
· New translations