G3DViewer is a 3D file viewer for GTK+ supporting a variety of file types.
· 3D Studio (.3ds, .prj)
· LightWave (.lw, .lwb, .lwo)
· Alias Wavefront (.obj)
· Impulse TurboSilver / Imagine (.iob)
· AutoCAD (.dxf)
· Quake II Models (.md2)
· Neutral File Format (.nff)
· 3D Metafile (.3dmf, .3mf, .b3d)
· Caligari TrueSpace Objects (.cob)
· Quick3D Objects & Scenes (.q3o, q3s)
· VRML 1.0 files (.wrl, .vrml) (new in 0.1.1, still buggy)
· AC3D objects (.ac, .acc) (new in 0.1.99.1)
Here are some key features of "G3DViewer":
· Wireframe mode
· Texture support (new in 0.1.99.1)
· Specular lighting (not really nice at the moment)
· changeable background color
One of the following combinations:
· GTK+ 2.x and GtkGLExt 1.0 (recommended)
· GTK+ 2.x and GtkGLArea 2.0 (1.99)
· GTK+ 1.2 and GtkGLArea 1.x
· Support for Gtk+ 1.2 and for GtkGLArea will probably be removed in the next major version (0.3.0).
· an OpenGL implementation, e.g. MesaGL: http://www.mesa3d.org
· Hardware 3D acceleration is of course better and supported, but not necessary. At the moment I do most development on a slow machine without hardware acceleration.
What's New in 0.2.0 Stable Release:
· This release contains all changes introduced in the preview releases (0.1.99.x).
· Among bug fixes and cleanup this includes texture support and new and improved plugins.
What's New in 0.2.99.4 Development Release:
· There were some files for the thumbnailer missing in the version 0.2.99.3 tarball.