Foton is a software for managing photos from your digital camera.
- Display photos in a window.
- Zoom the viewed photos using a slider that determines how many photos should be displayed on each row.
- Resize photos to fit window when window is resized.
- Show photo metadata; ISO, resolution, flash, shutter time.
- Render visible photos as good as possible before rendering not-visible photos.
- Rotate JPEGs by changing the EXIF tag only.
- Rotate photos.
- Support (read & write) for the Freedesktop Thumbnails specification at http://jens.triq.net/thumbnail-spec/introduction.html
- UI for setting photo directory.
- Import photos from a camera, without importing duplicates.
- Sort photos by shooting time.
- Delete images as described here: http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html
- The importer does not re-import deleted pictures.
- Double click an image to zoom in on that image.
- Delete and rotate images in full screen mode.
- Arrow keys should change picture in full screen mode.
- Context menu in full screen mode for rotation, (un)deletion, exiting full screen and changing images.
- Improve cold start (empty disk cache) performance.