Fbi IMproved aims to be a highly customizable and scriptable image viewer.
The application is based on the Fbi image viewer and works in the Linux framebuffer console (it is not an X program). It features the ability to filter the list of images with regular expressions, Vim-like autocommands, command line autocompletion and history, completely customizable key bindings, external/internal scriptability, and much more.
Here are some key features of "Fim":
· interactive (default) vs command line mode
· every possible internal action has a textual command name
· on-screen debug and information console in command mode
· command line history
· command line tab-based command autocompletion (thanks to the readline)
· command line command autocompletion (optional)
· key-action binding, with SHIFT and CONTROL key combinations
· simple if-while scriptability, with integer,float,and string variables and arithmetic evaluation
· command aliases support (macros)
· event autocommands (in Vim's 'autocmd' style)
· regular expressions to enrich autocommand behaviour
· configuration (initialization) file support
· usable builtin default configuration
· wrapper script to convert pdf,ps,eps,dvi,cbr(rar),cbz(zip),tar,tar.gz,tgz
· contents into images and display with Fim
· index based goto
· regular expressions (on filename) based goto
· stuff usual for an image viewer (scale, pan, etc..)
· stuff (un)usual for an image viewer (setting scale factor, auto width scale,
· auto heigth scale, marking of 'interesting' files, sorting of files in the
· list, recording/replaying of sessions, repeat last action )
· script file execution
· system call
· pipe with some input program
· these features could be enabled or disabled at compile time editing the Makefile
· bison (required)
· GNU Readline (required)
· libjpeg (recommended)
· libpng (recommended)
· libtiff (recommended)
· Libungif (recommended)
The typical sequence of actions to build Fim, which should suffice is :
tar xzf fim-0.1-alpha.tar.gz
su -c "make install"
What's New in This Release:
· Internal windowing (with splitting, resizing, swapping) support. .xcf, .fig, .dia, and .svg files are now viewable via wrapper calls.
· Interactive command iteration (in the [n] form) has been introduced.
· fim will try to run under screen and over SSH connections now.
· A custom framebuffer device, fonts, and gamma are supported.
· There are enriched compile-time options via the ./configure script.
· Vim-styled variable scoping g:,i:,v:,w: (local variables) has been added.
· Some bugs have been fixed.
· New variables and commands have been introduced.