An interactive 'generative art' application for Linux to evolve images/textures/patterns/animations
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- USER RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Tim Day
- ROOT \ Multimedia \ Graphics
Evolvotron projectis an interactive "generative art" application for Linux to evolve images/animations/textures/patterns through an iterative process of random mutation and user-selection driven evolution. (This process is also often referred to as "evolutionary art" or "genetic art".) If you like lava lamps, and still think the Mandelbrot set is cool, this could be the software for you.
Last updated on January 28th, 2013
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Evolvotron 0.6.3:
- This is a release entirely for the convenience of downstream builders of the sources.
- The two files (libevolvotron/usage_text.h and evolvotron.html) which were previously built from the USAGE file by a Python script are now under source control and included in the sources tarball, simplifying the build process.
- There is no new application functionality.