DjVuLibre is an open source implementation of DjVu, including viewers, browser plugins, decoders, simple encoders, and utilities
DjVu is a web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents and images. DjVu can advantageously replace PDF, PS, TIFF, JPEG, and GIF for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or high-resolution pictures.
DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.
DjVu is used by hundreds of academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the world.
- entirely based on the public djvulibre api.
- entirely written in portable Qt4.
- has been reported to work with Qt/Mac.
- should work with Qt/Windows as well.
- continuous scrolling of pages
- side-by-side display of pages
- ability to specify a url to the djview command
- all plugin and cgi options available from the command line
- all silly annotations implemented
- display thumbnails as a grid
- display outlines
- page names supported (see djvused command set-page-title)
- metadata dialog (see djvused command set-meta)
- implemented as reusable Qt widgets
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Full session management under X11.
- Added advanced feature check box.
- Added advanced command to copy urls, outline, etc.
- New translation (russian)