CycleAtlas is a cycling diary based on a custom road atlas.
Functions includes generation of planimetry, profiles, and route time tables of rides. A map editor is included, in order to create a custom road map.
Here are some key features of "CycleAtlas 1.4dev":
· Manage ride data, route map, profile and time table
· Map editor, for creating a custom road map
· Map can display shapefiles, raster images, elevation data (DTED only)
· View 3D maps
· Auto download of raster map from mapblast or expedia server for a given position or for an area.
· Road profiles computed automatically, using elevation data (DTED or SRTM DEM)
· Import GPS tracks (in GPX format) as a new road inside the map editor
· Export map and profile images.
Here are some key features of "CycleAtlas 0.8":
· Manage ride data like ride name, date, distance, time, average speed, notes
· Manage ride routes, inserted by clicking on a custom road map.
· Manage partial ride times (like time spend in a climb)
· Display ride data, route map, route profile and route time table
· Compute expected time passing for all locality in the route, difference between expected time and effective time.
· Manage different cyclist speed profiles (ex. specialized/MTB)
· Query about cycling data, built-in (sum distance for year,..) and custom, by using SQL queries
· Chart about cycling data, built-in (sum distance for year,..) and custom, by using SQL queries
· Route search, with indication of time spent in the partial path
· Custom map editor, with ability to load a background image for help trace road paths
What's New in This Release:
· Reimplemented GPX file parsing
· Added WMS server support
· Rearranged layers menu
· Added script for managing SRTM 90 meters resolution, 5x5 degrees
· Added a installation procedure