Cenon is a vector graphics tool for GNUstep.
The best of all, Cenon is free software, available with full source codes, and at home on many computer platforms.
Cenon has been developed with love. The clean user interface under Apple, Linux or other systems (using GNUstep) creates a pleasant user experience.
· The field of desktop publishing is a new speciality of Cenon. Freeing images, complex paths, text functions, color shading, printing, and a multitude of import- and export abilities - simply good.
Vector Graphics Conversion
· Cenon owns an enormous range of Import- and Export possibilities. This allows the conversion of all supported graphic formats in any other format. The editability of imported data is fully guarantied. Conversion of the formats PostScript, PDF, DXF, HPGL, Gerber, DIN formats and other formats are solid part of the Import- and Export libraries of Cenon.
Astrology (Free Module)
· Even an Astrology module is available for Cenon. It turns Cenon into an Astrology program with some unusual highlights. The Module uses the high precision NASA ephemeris data based on the Swiss Ephemeris. It allows the creation of Astrological Charts and Composite Charts in exceptional graphical precision. Furthermore, astrological Geographic Maps can be created.
CAM (commercial Module)
· With this additional module, Cenon becomes a production tool for 2 and 2.5 dimensional applications. That's how Cenon started in 1993, and that's the field where Cenon has achieved a strong market position. The production tool Cenon is available from vhf camfacture. vhf camfacture also offers the appropriate machines from very small to very big.
PCB-Prototyping (CAM Module)
· The CAM module allows the production of PCB prototypes by engraving the isolations. Cenon supports all necessary algorithms like calculation of isolation tracks, Blow-Up, Rub-Out and more, to get high quality PCB prototypes from your machine.
Here are some key features of "Cenon":
· Import of DXF, HPGL, PostScript (PS and EPS), Adobe Illustrator 3, Gerber, PDF, Sieb&Meyer, Wessel, Excellon
· Import of images (TIFF, GIF, JPG etc.)
· Import of Type-1 Fonts
· option: automatic distribution of colors to layers
· option: automatic joining of paths
· Import of text lists in ASCII format for mass production
Graphic- and Editing functions
· Lines, Arcs, Rectangles, Bezier curves, etc.
· complex paths
· object manipulations like join, punch etc.
· Rich Text (vector fonts, tabulators, rotation, ...)
· Text along paths
· Graphic Inspector
· comfortable layer (page) management
· alignment of graphic objects
· multiple Undo and Redo
· Exposing of images (Clipping)
· Color shading (Graduate, Radial, Axial)
· Thumbnail images
· Color separation
· Export of DXF, HPGL, PostScript (EPS + PS), Gerber, etc.
· Vectorisation of images
· creating the contour of graphic objects
· Mix function
· Batch production
· Serial numbers