Carina is an application written in C++ for viewing various 3D graphic file formats.
Mostly for viewing files, it also contains some debug support to help people creating xVRML content. Carina project can save any file it can open as xVRML. xVRML is an XML-based virtual reality language.
Classroom testing has shown that new users who are already familiar with HTML can become proficient in xVRML with just a few weeks of study and practice.
What's New in This Release:
· New VRML97/X3D Classic parser
· Saving files saves all inlines and images into separate directory
· Compressed files loaded with transformations (like X3D) no longer need a separate decompression stage (faster)
· Ability for users to add XML transformations (XSLT) to import other file formats
· Update to Qt 4.1.2
· Added a bookmark manager
· Main window and bookmark manager window save window positions and sizes
· Better handling of international characters in filenames
· Linux: Switch back to autotools build system
· Linux: Return of command line conversion utility
· Linux: Command line conversion utility now supports inlines, images, and remote files
· Mac: Universal binary (Runs on both older PPC based Macs and newer Intel based ones)
· Bugfix: Saving of empty node names fixed
· Bugfix: Saving of Viewpoints now adds name if none supplied on VRML import