Caliph & Emir 0.9.25
Caliph & Emir are MPEG-7 based Java prototypes for digital photo and image annotation.
Here are some key features of "Caliph and Emir":
Features of Caliph:
· Extraction of IPTC and EXIF metadata and conversion to MPEG-7
· Extraction of following content based image retrieval descriptors:
· ColorLayout (measures color distribution in an image)
· ScalableColor (basically a color histogram)
· EdgeHistogram (measures edginess)
· Annotation of images with
· Free text metadata
· Quality rating
· Structured text metadata
· Meta2 data (metadata about metadata)
· Semantic Annotations
· Based on a editable catalogue for reusable semantic objects (like specific persons, places, ...)
· Fully visual & graphical user interface
· Automatic placement and layout of visual descriptions
· Export of semantic descriptions to Structured Text Descriptions
· Load and save annotations as MPEG-7 XML file
Features of Emir:
· Retrieval of annotations using the file system
· with XPath queries
· with keyword queries
· with quality constraints
· with example images for content based image retrieval
· Retrieval of Annotations using a Lucene index
· with inbuilt index creation
· using different fields for structured retrieval
· Retrieval of semantic graphs based on a Lucene powered index
· supporting wildcards for relations and nodes
· based on query expansion
· graphical query editor
· 2D data repository visualization based on the FastMap algorithm
· for image content descriptors ColorLayout, ScalableColor and EdgeHistogram
· for graphs based on the minimum common sub graph metric
What's New in This Release:
· This is mainly a maintenance release: Scalable Color descriptor extraction was fixed, and yields the same results as the MPEG-7 reference software.
· EdgeHistogramImpl has been updated.
· The DominantColor class was adapted.
· PPM and BMP images are now supported.
· Note that Java 6.0 is required for the binary version and 1.5 for compilation.