ArahPaint4 is a textile-oriented paint program, mainly for jacquard. It is a simple paint program for raster palette images.
It has good tools for drawing images in repetition, support for handling palette images (color reduction, substitution, protected, transparent colors), contour tools, layer support, unlimited undo/redo, support for drawing in aspect ratio (pixels need not be square), a two level grid, and a coordinates display.
The project is simple, stable, fast, and works well on large images (>8000x8000).
Here are some key features of "ArahPaint4":
· it has good tools for working with reduced color images (palette)
· for color reduction
· for drawing in repeat
· for drawing in aspect ratio different than 1:1, as this is necessary for weaving
· works well with large images (8000x8000 and more)
· incorporates a nice image browser
· has unlimited undo/redo
· has keyboard shortcuts equal to Photoshop whenever possible
· has a couple of functions you will not find in any other program
· lacks thousands of functions some other programs have
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Many new filters were added, including ikat, wave, zigzag, and mix.
· Contour operations were improved.
· The view mode now allows crosshair cursors for precise drawing.
· A list of the most recently used files is available in the File menu, with image icons and image size, for easy access.
· Averaging on colormap images will remove noise and round the borders.
· Bezier drawing tools were added.
· Spray can now work with different point sizes, with higher weight from center, or equally distributed.
· Quick single color highlight was added.
· The measure tool now works in pixels and in real size.