Album Shaper is a graphical application used to create, maintain, and share photo albums using open formats like XSLT, HTML, and JPG.
Two-layer albums can be created in a drag-n-drop interface which allows quick and easy arrangement and catagorization of photos. Batch rotations make getting your photos ready a quick and easy task.
You can also crop, enhance, and manipulate your photos using a powerful but intuitive editing interface. Photos, collections, and albums themselves can be labeled as needed and modified at a later time by saving and loading from a simple XML format.
Albums are exported as HTML which can then be posted directly on the web or viewed straight from your hard drive.
While mainly a bugfix release, Album Shaper 2.1 adds complete French and German translations, a new Radiant theme, and a new Mosaic image manipulation.
The compilation and installation process for Linux/FreeBSD users has also seen significant improvements.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Feature Enhancements:
· New mosaic manipulation!
· Aspect ratio selection usability improvements (smarter placement with regard to rotating selections, positioning, and support for tall photos)
· Improved B/W and Sepia effects (weights now based on modern display phosphor characteristics)
· Added French translation
· German translation brought up to date
· Rewrote AlbumShaper.pro project file to support changing install location on Unix systems
· Changed "Disable checking for..." checkbox to "Check for photo modifications..." under settings
· Cut down window and dialog title text by removing "Album Shaper: " prefix
· Fixed alert dialogs to handle long message translations
· Various spelling mistakes and other minor visible text improvements
· Fixed fonts in status area and various dialogs
· Cosmetic fixes regarding buttons and layout in Save as dialog
· Added missing red color to some button references in help system
· Fixed a bug where dropping objects from the desktop / file browsers on album / collection image caused Album Shaper to crash
· Fixed a bug where Album Shaper would crash when trying to edit 8 bit grayscale and color images
· Fixed a bug where after removing photos in a collection the edit tab and various buttons below were still enabled
· Fixed a threading bug in the file preview feature that could cause the program to hang
· Fixed the rare 0kb bug! (reverting a photo sometimes caused the photo to be corrupted)
· Disabled user input while loading albums
· Fixed a bug where loading recent albums using the keyboard shortcuts could cause Album Shaper to crash
· Fixed a bugs where using save-as to copy an album from one location to another did not copy over the original form of an image
· Fixed minor bug in Slick theme where carriage returns in photo descriptions caused problems in slide show mode
· Fixed a bug in the Metallic theme where collections that had no cover images could not be reached using the navigation bar
· Fixed various compiler warnings under Linux / FreeBSD