ASE (Allegro Sprite Editor) is a program specially designed with facilities to create animated sprites.
ASE (Allegro Sprite Editor) is a program specially designed with facilities to create animated sprites that can be used in some video game.
This program let you create from static images, to characters with movement, textures, patterns, backgrounds, logos, color palettes, and any other thing that you think.
Here are some key features of "ASE":
- Edit sprites with layers and animation frames.
- Edit RGB (with Alpha), Grayscale (with Alpha also) and Indexed images.
- Control 256 color palettes completely.
- Apply filters for different color effects (convolution matrix, color curve, etc.).
- Load and save sprites in these formats: .BMP, .PCX, .TGA, .JPG, .FLC, .FLI, and .ASE' (ASE's special format).
- Use bitmap's sequences (ani00.pcx, ani01.pcx, etc.) to save animations.
- Drawing tools (dots, pencil, real-brush, floodfill, line, rectangle, ellipse), drawing modes (opaque, glass), and brushes types (circle, square, line).
- Mask (selections) support.
- Undo/Redo support for every operation.
- Multiple editor support.
- Draw with a customizable grid.
- Unique tiled drawing mode to draw patterns and textures in seconds.
- Save and load entire work's sessions (in `.ses' files).
- Scripting capabilities with Lua language.