Professional CAD for day-to-day design work
ARES is a DWG compatible Professional CAD software.
- Cost saving compatibility:
- With DWG as its primary drawing file format and DWG and DXF support up to version 2009, ARES® provides compatibility and exchange capabilities with a wide range of graphics and construction software all over the world. Save drawings back to R12 DWG or DXF format if needed. ARES® recovers damaged DWG and DXF files in all format versions. Import ACIS® SAT files and export/import DWF files to or from other CAD software. Export your drawing data to PDF, SVG, or other vector and image formats.
- Fast and easy to use:
- ARES® is built from scratch, based on current technologies, incorporating the DWG engine of the Open Design Alliance (ODA). Constructed on three decades experience in CAD business Graebert is committed to providing CAD users an open software architecture. This altogether makes ARES® a CAD product that ensures speed, ease of use, and reliability.
- Intuitive interaction:
- The Qt® based user interface with dockable toolbars, right-click shortcut menus, and a Properties palette lets you feel at home quickly in ARES®. Fully customize the user interface (UI). No programming knowledge needed. Store individual UI configurations in user profiles. Use aliases for frequently used commands.
- Smart drafting tools:
- Speed up drafting and constructing using ARES® smart tools such as entity snap, entity snap guides, and polar guides. Create custom coordinate systems to align the construction plane to drawing objects.
- Easy edits - Time savers:
- Quickly reposition, align, copy, or resize entities using entity grips. Use filtered selections to modify a specified set of entities. Use the Properties palette to directly manipulate the appearance of entities such as layer, color, line style, and line weight, or other properties of one or more selected entities. Use the Property Painter tool to copy properties from one entity to apply them to other entities. Dimensions as well as hatches and gradient color fills are related to their associated entities and update automatically.
- Efficient reuse of objects and styles:
- Create and insert blocks to reduce and avoid repetitive work. Attach drawings and images as references to share work and participate in workgroup environments. Set up and manage styles for dimensions, text, tables, and RichLines to assure conformity with industry and corporate needs and standards.
- Annotate with value:
- Enhance the information value of geometry with notes and tables, leaders and geometric tolerances, or text attributes of block insertions. Record and play VoiceNotes to add messages, reminders, or instructions directly in your drawing. Mark up drawing items with freehand sketches. Mask portions of the drawing to exempt them for annotations. Clip referenced drawings to display only what is needed.
- View your design simultaneously in different shade modes:
- Use tiled views to view the model from orthogonal or isometric views. Use RollView to rotate the model in 3D space. Choose from different display modes for individual tiled views: wireframe, hidden lines removal, flat or Gouraud shading. Render the model fullscreen or in a separate window. Add light sources to view results in a realistic state.
- Organize multiple layouts with tabbed sheets:
- Create numerous tabs each representing a sheet to design a layout from which to print. Place view tiles on sheets to arrange different views to
- the model, or details of the design at different scales. Place frames, title blocks, part lists etc. on the sheets. You can switch between paper space and model space on Sheet tabs to adjust the representation of the model and even edit the model. Organize sets of layers to be displayed in each view tile individually as needed. Clip view tiles on layout sheets with rectangular or irregular shapes.
- Manage individual options settings:
- Use the Options center to manage all drafting and system preferences in one place and store them as user profiles to restore them as needed. Create page layouts to reuse print settings when sending your design to the printer or plotter.