vitunes is a curses-based music player and playlist manager for *NIX systems whose goals are:
1. a minimalistic appearance,
2. strong vi-like bindings,
3. quick playlist creation/management. vitunes does not strive to be a feature-rich media player, but rather a quick, vi-like media indexer and playlist manager, that just happens to be able to play the music it indexes.
Additionally, vitunes never needs write-access to anything outside of its work directory (default is ~/.vitunes/). It never touches/modifies anything outside of there and doesn't leave junk files anywhere.
Here are some key features of "vitunes":
· can create, modify, search, filter, and sort playlists in a quick, vi-like fashion.
· doesn't need write-access to anything outside of ~/.vitunes/ (by default).
· uses mplayer to play all media, so it can play anything mplayer can.
· uses TagLib for meta-data extraction, so it supports any format it does (whichs is nearly everything).
· can index non-files (things like URL's)...pretty much anything mplayer can play.
· has an easily customizable display, including format & color
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release adds no new functional features from version 2.1