taged is a commandline utility that can create and modify ID3 data, usually found in .mp3 files.
Besides supporting text frames like artist, title, track number and so on, taged also supports attached pictures, play counters and generated playlists. Taged aims at being quick and easy to use when many tags needs to be created/updated, and handles regular expression matching of tag data from filenames, as well as renaming files based on the tag.
Taged is based on libid3tag from libmad by Robert Leslie to read and render the id3 tags.
Taged is open source software, licensed with the GNU GPL.
Note that taged will crash with segmentation fault if you try to render an ID3v1 tag with a text string longer than 30 characters. This is a bug in the underlying libid3tag library, and patches are available at SourceForge.
Here are some key features of "taged":
· handles ID3 tags version 2.4.0
· easily rename files based on id3 data
· generate playlists
· insert id3 information based on filename, using regular expressions
· supports play counters, pictures and any text frame
What's New in This Release:
· Makefile.am (EXTRA_DIST): Add config.rpath.