An Internet radio browser
* DMOZ/Google stations
* Jamendo (just a browser, better API use coming..)
* basic.ch DJ mixes
* MyOggRadio (open source stream directory project)
It mimics the older streamtuner 0.99.99 application in look and feel. But it's an independent rewrite and runs on Python; is therefore easier to extend.
Meanwhile it works mostly stable and most functions are implemented. It isn't optimized for speed however. Also it will always consume more memory than the original C implementation. And Pygtk makes it slightly less speedy.
Unlike the original it loads favicons for music stations, and gives a friendlier overview. The station lists and table columns are less configurable currently. It's supposed to support a wider array of audio formats and players. For station recording it still chains to streamripper. While some lists (DMOZ) only have homepage links at the moment, others (like modarchive) provide direct download links.
The long awaited console-only mode is there, which allows to start playing individual radios without invoking the GUI, and also supports exporting the station lists as JSON. An experimental yp.shoutcast wrapper module for streamtuner1 is also there.
- multiple audio players configurable for different audio formats
- JSON cache files
- saving of .m3u or .pls files for individual stations
- SHOUTcast, Live365, Xiph.org, Google, Jamendo, basic.ch, Punkcast
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release brings minor bugfixes.
- The pyQuery parsing mode of Shoutcast has been adapted to its latest changes.
- The double escaping for %pls audio player parameters has been corrected.
- Interpolating of meta %fields is now possible for use with external recording wrapper scripts.