pypod is python library and script for managing iPod metadata.
Here are some key features of "pypod":
· 100% pure python
· full read/write support for the iTunesDB file format
· support for gtkpod-style extended metadata
· support for gnupod-style extended metadata
· support for reading rhythmbox music database
· full ID3v2 support via any one of the ID3 liraries for python
The pypod script is very simple to use. If your iPod is mounted anywhere other than /media/ipod set the IPOD_MOUNTPOINT environment variable and run "pypod -s" for a summary of the state of your iPod.
Then try things like:
$ pypod --add /path/to/some/music
$ pypod --find-orphans
$ pypod --help
What's New in This Release:
· Support for newer iTunesDB files (such as those on the iPod Nano) was added.
· An --extract option for retrieving tracks from an iPod was added.
· Initial support for AAC files was added.
· Support for parsing (but not writing) podcast playlists was implemented.
· ASCII and lowercase filenames are now always used on iPods and spaces are removed from filenames.
· Some bugs were fixed.