orDrumbox is a audio sequencer and software drum machine in Java.
orDrumbox is pattern oriented, has an automatic composer, automatic sound assignations, custom drum kits, loop support, and the ability to import and export songs.
- Pattern oriented:
- You can create songs by assembling various patterns. It's up to you to determine the number of beats in each pattern (16 or 32 or whatever).
- Each pattern is composed of tracks (as many as you want). Each track corresponds to one sound.
- The tracks/sounds can be pitched and mixed and panoramized, and muted/unmuted with the interface. It is possible to add a loop point at the step you want, independently on each track.
- Each track is composed of notes (one note by beat). On each note, you can independently control pitch (from -12 to +12 semitones) and volume. Some notes can be loop point or scale notes
- The number of different sounds is not limited, neither the number of tracks in a pattern, nor the number of patterns in a song.
- Automatic composer:
- On each track you can use an automatic fill engine powered by artificial intelligence technology. This way you can add melodic scales and semi-random notes to make the orDrumbox compose rhythmic and melodic patterns under your control. It's designed for creativity. You only have to define some rules and the orDrumbox is going to generate beat variations and melodic lines using used designed scales. Some minor/major scales are pre-defined to help you with this feature
- Automatic sound assignations:
- The orDrumbox use Natural Language Processing for matching sounds to tracks and to "categorize" sounds. It's an amazing and powerfull feature. Just name a track with a "standard like" name of instrument (i.e: "electric bass 1" or just "bd" ) and the orDrumbox will assign it to the nearest instrument available in the current drum kit.
- Drum Kits:
- You can import, create, modify and save drum kits. It's a "sound library" in one single file.
- You can import your own sound files and use them as instruments with the orDrumbox. Use any standard WAV files for drum samples, so you can easily add your own ones or download wave files from the Net.
- Just import a loop wav file in your drumkit and the orDrumbox will automatically stretch loops to fit your rhythm. You just have to tag a wav file into loop with the interface.
- The orDrumbox generates and exports songs and individual patterns in 16 bits /44 Khz/stereo sounds CD-quality, so you can re-use them in any other sound application.
- Your songs are loaded and saved in a XML format with the .orsg extension.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version adds code consolidation and GUI updates (colors).