myPod is implemented in Java, so its platform independent and should run at most platforms where you can get your iPod mounted.
Furthermore its an open source project which means nothing more or less as that you are strongly invited to use it for free and help to develop it by sending your comments, bug reports or feature requests.
Here are some key features of "myPod":
· create, edit, load and store playlists
· playlists defined by filters based on artist, genre and year
· edit ID3 V1 as well as ID3 V2.3 tags of mp3 files
· synchronize playlists with iPod
· transfer speed up to 6MB/s
· reorganize mp3 files
· looks nice =;)
You need a Java Runtime version 1.4 or higher. To synchronize playlists with an iPod you need an iPod (!) mounted as filesystem.
Unpack the downloaded file to a directory of you choice (e.g. "/usr/local/mypod"). Then Add an environment variable "MYPOD_HOME" to your system and set it to the path where you installed myPod (e.g. set MYPOD_HOME ="/usr/local/mypod").