mpgtx a command line MPEG audio/video/system file toolbox, that slices and joins audio and video files.
mpgtx was designed with the good old Unix philosophy in mind : do few but do it well and provide end user an austary yet powerfull command line interface. At least this was the goal. Reality is different, and it's available for you to try. mpgtx is released under the GPL license.
mpgtx has five fundamental modes :
split mode (-s switch)
join mode (-j switch)
info mode (-i switch)
demultiplex mode (-d switch)
ID3 tag mode (-T switch)
Here are some key features of "mpgtx":
· mpgtx can currently split and join MPEG 1 video files and most MPEG audio files.
· mpgtx can fetch detailed informations from MPEG 1 and MPEG 2.
· mpgtx can demultiplex MPEG 1 and MPEG 2 files (System layer, Program layer and Transport Layer).
· mpgtx can add, remove and edit ID3 tags from mp3 files and rename mp3 files according to their ID3 tags.
What's New in This Release:
· Added support and fixes for mpeg2 muxed files. mpgtx should now split and join mpeg2 files correct
· Improved mpgtx knowledge about length of mpeg2 movies
· removed bug which was introduced in 1.2 where demuxing was broken