mp3cleanup is used to tidy up various aspects of MP3 files, including filenames, ID3 tags, path, m3u playlists, and bitrate.
This is particularly useful for hardware MP3 players that sometimes have arbitrary limitations on the files they work (well) with.
It can operate on single files or on all the files contained in a directory.
What's New in This Release:
· The -k option was added to check MP3s for bad frames before processing.
· The -D option was added to increase search depth.
· The -b option was added to create DOS format .m3u playlists.
· The -C option was added to copy rather than move.
· The (experimental) -g option was added to set the genre.
· Type "list" or "l" to get a list of genre numbers.
· Support for Ogg Vorbis files was added.
· The default maximum filename length was reduced to 52 chars (for iRiver).
· eyeD3 is used as well as id3tag to set tags, since sometimes tags were left inconsistent.