Jackbeat is an audio sequencer, a Linux tool for musicians and sound artists .
Here are some key features of "midikb":
· drummachine-like interface for fast and easy editing
· realtime operation : while playing, the sequence can be edited and resized, the bpm rate modified, and new samples loaded,
· virtually unlimited number of tracks and beats
· easy to use and yet powerful : just JACK it into jack-rack and you can apply LADSPA effect plugins on a per track basis, perform mastering with jackeq , etc...
· loads and saves .jab files, Jackbeat's file format, based on xml and packed with tar,
· unique masking feature : allows to insert silences with precision into a given track.
· JACK, the Jack Audio Connection Kit (jackit.sf.net) : a running server as well as the API header files
· GTK+-2.0 (gtk.org)
· libsndfile (www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile)
· libxml2 (http://xmlsoft.org)
· libsamplerate (http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC)
What's New in This Release:
· Added and clarified some error messages. Thanks Paul Brossier
· Added Close and Quit menu entries
· When launching several Jackbeats, there was a JACK client name conflict: fixed. Thanks Paul Brossier