mididings is a MIDI processor/router for ALSA, implemented as a Python module.
mididings is a MIDI processor/router for ALSA, implemented as a Python module. Some of its features are particularly geared towards live keyboardists.
- Filters and routes MIDI events depending on event type, channel, note, controller, etc.
- Applies transposition, velocity curve/offset, etc., or converts events to a different type. Using Python code, arbitrary transformations of MIDI events are possible.
- All MIDI processing is done in C (for speed reasons), with the ability to call back into Python if desired.
- Multiple patches can be switched via MIDI. Note-off and sustain pedal events are specially handled to avoid stuck notes.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 20101119
- The VoiceFilter() unit was improved to work properly for voices other than the highest and lowest one.
- A VoiceSplit() was added to allow easily creating multiple related voice filters (e.g. for a brass section).
- OSCInterface() and livedings were simplified by using default port numbers if none are specified.