mCube Music Manager 0.2
mCube is a digital music manager.
Here are some key features of "mCube Music Manager":
· Folders synchronization: add a folder to mCube Library and you never need to worry about it anymore.
· Tagging System allows to build a categorization that evolves with the library and with user needs. Tag Cosmos allow you to navigate through your tags easily
· Many different Views for displaying Artists, Albums, Tracks or your Compilations. You can build your own page with the view you like in the way you like.
· Quick search box to filter all library a la iTunes/Firefox/Thunderbird
· Edit Album Information and automatically update file tag
· Easy filter for different album types (Live, Sountrack...) and support for multiple CDs albums
· Export selected songs or albums to an external folder: you'll never need to use File Managers anymore!
· Play songs or albums with default system player.
· mCube is open source and, of course, free!
· Java 1.4.2 or later
What's New in This Release:
Major new stuffs:
· lots of improvements in song data retrieval from file name (where there is no ID3Tag)
· Album View now has a toolbar that let's you quickly filter different kind of albums (Live, Soundtrack, Single...)
· Tracks View now has a toolbar for multiple CD albums
· Improved support for external player: now a config.xml file in /mcube/extensions/externalPlayer let's you configure the enqueue command for your preferred player application.
· Added commands to edit Albums data in AlbumView?
· Added a Info View with additional album informations, Winamp control support and a random album chooser button.
· Long operations (load, save, scan, clean) now works in background and does not freeze GUI
Minor new stuffs:
· Now mcube allow you to add a folder that is already under its control: in this case, mcube simply update information from that folder (and does not modify the date when those files where added the first time).
· Album View has a new GUI and let you customize your view.
· Album View has two different default sort that are more useful: by album release year when you select just one Artist, by date added (to the Library) when all albums are displayed.
· press a lettere and Views are centered on the first element that starts with that letter
· Keyboard navigation system (TAB and ESC keys)
· Library is now saved periodically and only if it has been modified
· "Clean missing files" command now deletes empty folders
· Some improvements in Libraries managament GUI
Under the hood
· switch to trionus/JavaLayer?/MP3SPI to read mp3 tag
· Glazed Lists API, used to manage dynamic lists, is MUCH faster now