lilypond-kde4 is a software that includes basic tools to make working with the GNU LilyPond music typesetter in KDE 4 easier.
It contains a KatePart indent script, icons for *.ly files and a powerful textedit protocol handler. The textedit protocol handler opens the preferred editor application when you click on notes in the LilyPonds PDF output, but it can also directly interact via D-Bus with specialized LilyPond editing apps.
This package can be the foundation for different LilyPond editing apps for KDE 4.
You can use lilypond-kde4 already in KDE 4:
* Download and install lilypond-kde4
* (optionally) Configure Kate as the preferred editor for the text/x-lilypond MIME type. (Go to System Settings, Advanced, File Associations, text/x-lilypond and place Kate on top. If your system does not know the text/x-lilypond MIME type, upgrade the shared-mime-info package to a recent version. You could also use KWrite, but KWrite opens a new window for every LilyPond file.)
* Run Kate and edit a LilyPond file
* Run LilyPond on the file and open the generated PDF in e.g. Okular
* Click on notes and Kate will jump to the correct file and cursor position
· KDE Software Compilation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Don't require Qt4.4 but also work with Qt4.3.