kalsamix 1.0.0 Beta 2
kalsamix is a full featured mixer for ALSA sound system based on KDE.
The project derives from my kamix, which I decided to rename because of a longstanding name clash with other opensource projects.
For those who were using kamix already, don't forget to rename $HOME/.kde/share/config/kamixrc to kalsamixrc in the same directory.
Here are some key features of "kalsamix":
· KAlsaMix is designed to support any number of soundcards
· Adjust every single item, or mute/unmute it
· If an item has more channels, you can adjust them separately
· If an item or channel has both playback and capture capabilities, separate level are shown
· You can mute every single item channel, if supported by the soundcard
· You can save the levels, give this 'preset' a name and then recall it with one click
· Any number of presets can be created, so you can customize output or input for any situation
Decide what to see
· You can show/hide a whole soundcard
· You can show/hide any item you care or not
· You can decide the order of the items
· Every item can be renamed at your wish, if you don't like ALSA default name
Group items together
· You can create group of items, and then show or hide them with one click: for example, you can create a 'Digital' group containing all those fancy IEC958 controls; this helps to keep the mixer window clean, with only those elements you use more often.
· System tray with volume tooltip
· Quick access to the main volume control by clicking on systray
· Configurable 'main volume' item, when ALSA fails to choose the right one
· Mute/unmute by clicking on the systray
· OSD volume changes notification
What's New in This Release:
· fix: removed an explicit reference to libkdeui (KDE4)
· fix: items font was always bold
· fix: in config window, mid-button action is now selectable by a combo box