jac is a Cd-Player which runs under Linux (but I hope to port it to other Unix-like platform). Its birth is due to my need of a command line cd player, and now it offers many features (including the "exclusive" crazy-playing mode) and also a small text-console from which you can set any option, play the cd in the way you want etc.
jac has support for many languages but at this time only Italian and English languages are available for use (I'm looking for someone who want to write some translations). jac can also download Cd and track information from CDDB and from CdIndex A FAQ PAGE is available (but is obsolete).
What's New in This Release:
· Readline and history support in console
· Short and long option support
· Configuration file update for CD default option
· Cdrom and mixer device can be set from command line overriding configuration file
· Error description for CDDB and CDIndex
· MAN page
· Command implementation in console
· Bug fixing