jBitcollider is an application which can be used to lookup/submit files to Bitzi.
The Bitcollider utility allows users to uniquely identify and submit files to Bitzi's community metadatabase project.
The Bitcollider can be used to identify any local file and has support for extracting metadata from MP3, WAV, Vorbis, JPEG, PNG, GIF, AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and QuickTime files.
Users can quickly look up all the known information about the given file in Bitzi's metadatabase.
Here are some key features of "jBitcollider":
· Processes files larger than 2GB in size.
· Offers the graphical interface, and drag-and-drop Bitcolliding, on non-Windows systems for the first time.
· Improves reliability of submission via browser
· Java 5 (also known as Java 1.5)
What's New in This Release:
· This is a preview release for advanced users. (If you have not previously
· installed Java and launched standalone Java applications from the command-
· line -- and perhaps even if you have -- you may run into problems using
· this version.