gtkcdlabel is a GUI frontend to cdlabelgen which is a program that can generate a variety of CD tray covers.
Since the last release (0.7.7) I've pretty much revamped the UI so that logically close UI elements are grouped together - I think its neater and makes navigation easier and faster - but I'm no HIG expert.
The latest version (1.0pre1) supports all options of the latest version of cdlabelgen and also has several UI enhancements. You can now also use image formats other than EPS. If you have the program convert from the ImageMagick suite then any format it can handle can be used by gtkcdlabel. All thats left is bugfixes
Sebastian also set up the gtkcdlabel CVS repository so you can now acces it via anonymous CVS.
The versions from 0.7.0 upwards use GTK2 and as a result of the port I'm no longer supporting the GTK1 version (i.e. versions before 0.7.0) though the last stable tarballs and RPM's can still be obtained here
Here are some key features of "gtkcdlabel":
· Ported to GTK2
· Supports all of the options in cdlabelgen 2.6
· You can supply images of any format that ImageMagic can handle and EPS conversion is carried out on the fly
· Handles UTF8 and locales though no translations currently exist
· Does'nt require libcdaudio to access the CD drive or access freedb.freedb.org
· It'll process the ID3 tags on an MP3 CD
· cdlabelgen > 2.2
· GTK 2.0 and above
· Glade and libglade
What's New in This Release:
· This release has major code changes.
· It has been ported to PyGTK2, and support for cdlabelgen 4.0.0 has been added.