gnormalize is an audio converter, a front end to normalize, an encoder/decoder, a ripper, a tag editor and a cd player.
gnormalize decodes the MP3/MP4/MPC/OGG/APE/FLAC file to WAV, then normalizes the WAV to a targeted volume level and re-encodes it. Moreover, gnormalize can extract Audio CD track and output as various popular audio formats (MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE, FLAC, WAV) with fast speed and high quality. gnormalize can also convert audio format between MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE and FLAC with high fidelity, which meets your need to play and collect audio files. It can change the encoding and Metadata (tag) properties of final normalized files.
gnormalize can be used to adjust the volume of audio files to a standard volume level, where different recording levels on different albums can cause the volume to vary greatly from song to song.
gnormalize is an alternative for replaygain, because "there is no consistent standard by which to define the appropriate replay gain which mp3 encoders and players agree on, and no automatic way to set the volume adjustment for each track".
Here are some key features of "gnormalize":
· Convert from/to MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, APE, FLAC and WAV;
· Support for LAME, FAAC, OGGENC, MPPENC, FLAC and MAC encoders;
· Support for LAME, FAAD, OGGDEC, MPPDEC, FLAC and MAC decoders;
· Rip audio CDs utilizing cdparanoia or cdda2wav;
· Play audio CDs utilizing cdcd or Audio::CD or cdplay;
· Support normalization with adjustable sensibility;
· Can normalize/convert files recursively into the directory;
· Edit and get MetaData like artist, title, album, ... ;
· Get MetaInfo like bitrate, time, frequency, ... ;
· Includes mppenc, mppdec;
· Read the CDDB entry for an audio CD with CDDB_get;
· Translation to English and Portuguese (Brasil).
· perl-Gtk2 (Perl module for the gtk+-2.x library ) and perl-Glib (Perl module for the glib-2.x library ).
· normalize - a tool for adjusting the volume of WAV files.
· cdparanoia or cdda2wav - to rip audio cd.
· lame (LAME Ain't an MP3 Encoder) - To decode MP3 to WAV, and encode WAV to MP3 file.
· faac (to encode WAV to MP4 file) and faad (to decode MP4 to WAV). Get the input plugin for XMMS (faad2-xmms or xmms_mp4) which plays mp4 encoded audio files.
· mppdec, mppenc for MPC (Musepack) audio format.
· vorbis-tools: oggenc, oggdec and vorbiscomment.
· flac - to encode and decode FLAC format.
· mac (Monkey's Audio Console) - to encode and decode APE format.
· Audio::CD or cdcd or cdp (cdplay) - to play audio CD. Audio::CD is recommended.
What's New in This Release:
· some bug fixes;
· change the loop, random and sound icons.
our in-depth analysis