gPodder is a Podcast reciever/catcher written in Python and pyGTK.
gPodder project manages podcast feeds for you, and automatically downloads all podcasts from as many feeds as you like.
If you are interested in Podcast feeds, simply put the feed URLs into gPodder and it will download all episodes for you automatically.
If there is a new episode, it will get it for you. It supports download resume, if the server supports it.
Here are some key features of "gPodder":
· Supports RSS, Atom, YouTube, Soundcloud, Vimeo and XSPF feeds
· Discover new content at our Podcast directory
· Synchronize between devices with full gpodder.net integration
· Easily customizable - support for user-defined hooks and plugins
· Open Source and Free Software (GPL v3 or later)
· recent Python
· recent pyGTK
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mandatory notification extension (pull request 72)
· Compatibility: strftime doesn't have %F
· Remove non-ascii characters (bug 1724)
· Sanitized playlist filename (bug 1788)
· Sanitize mount point encoding (bug 1785)
· Merge audio/video converter extensions (bug 1783)
· Cleaned up "Enqueue in Media Player"
· Enqueue episodes in Totem also (bug 1775)
· Clear filter using secondary icon in GtkEntry
· Fix submenu activation/focus issues (bug 1778)
· Show notification bubbles when downloads fail (bug 1265)
· Add various checks for undefined / null objects
· Apply automatic rotation setting to all pages (bug 1792)
· Better selection reset logic for episode list (bug 1804)
· Convert selection indices to integers (bug 1802)
· Directly add a podcast via feed URL
· Fix layout for multi-line episode titles
· Highlight podcasts on Harmattan, but not on Sailfish
· Make selection background color visible again
· Reset selection when episode list changes (bug 1804)
· Separate gpodder.net login page (pull request 85)
· CLI: Fix subscribe/unsubscribe when list has not been loaded yet
· Database: Check if every episode is assigned to a podcast
· Makefile: Build ".pyo" files on "make install" (bug 1786)
· Model: Disallow subscribing to an already-existing URL
· Remove "print" statement in enqueue_in_mediaplayer
· Tools: Ubuntu PPA generator for "raring" release
· Updated German translation