err 2.0.0 Beta
A plugin based XMPP chatbot
err is a plugin-based XMPP chatbot designed to be easily deployable, extensible and maintainable. It is written in python and it is based on jabberbot_ and yapsy_ with some minor modifications for the first one.
- Tested with hipchat_ and openfire_ but should be compatible with any XMPP/Jabber servers.
- Can be setup so a restricted list of persons have the administration rights
- Dynamic plugin architecture : the bot admin can install/uninstall/enable/disable plugins dynamically just by chatting with the bot.
- Supports MUCs (chatrooms)
- Can proxy and route one 2 one messages to MUC so it can enabler simpler XMPP notifiers to be MUC compatible (for example the jira XMPP notifier).
- Really easily extensible (see example below)
- Provides an an automatic persistance store per plugin
- an !help command that generate dynamically the documentation from the python docstrings of the commands
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- SSL support for webhook callbacks
- JID unicode support