bio2jack is a library that allows for simple porting of general purposed bio (blocked io) OSS/ALSA audio applications to Jack.
This library allows the person porting the code to simply replace the calls into OSS/ALSA with calls into interface functions of this library.
The library buffers a small amount of audio data and takes care of the rest of the jack implementation including the linked list of audio data buffers and the jack callback.
What's New in This Release:
· Major changes in this release
· Broke api compatibility by removing a handful of functions that don't appear necessary, email me if you have trouble with this change so we can work things out
· Add large patch by Sean Meiners at Linspire that adds support for recording and resampling using libresample
· Add JACK_SetPortConnectionMode() api call that enables users of bio2jack to decide how they want port connections to work. The options are CONNECT_ALL(default), CONNECT_OUTPUT that only connects the ports used for output even if alsa may have a dozen ports available, or CONNECT_NONE that doesn't connect any ports. The primary use of this api is for users that need to perform connections at run-time and don't want to have to disconnect ports each time their bio2jack app starts up.
· Fix a few minor bugs, see the ChangeLog for more details