amarokNowPlayingImproved generates an image of the currently playing media.
The image includes the album cover, artist, album name, and track title. It also shows if the engine is paused, and creates a cusomizable "offline" message when the engine is stopped.
The script uses cURL in order to upload the image to a remote host, and supports both FTP and HTTP POST methods, as well as a local filesystem option.
To those that rate my script, please leave feedback as to why you like/dislike it. That's the only way I can know where to improve!
Here are some key features of "amarokNowPlayingImproved":
· Ability to upload generated image using HTTP POST method, with secure key (see "HTTP Method" below)
· FTP upload of generated image file
· Can copy generated image to a local path (e.g. ~/public_html/now_playing.png)
· Supports playing, paused, and stopped player states
· Ability to add a border around generated images
· Broke options down a bit more for greater customization
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfix: Script no longer makes calls to dcop unless amarok signals a state change.
· This fixes a condition of the script consuming resources.