For a long time I wanted to play a random "album" in Amarok. I could not find how to do it with what existed, so I got around to write my own (first) amarok script.
Random Album should be a playlist really, but I don't know yet how to do that.
So here it is. It will play a random album from your collection. Upon reaching the last song, it will load a new one in the playlist.
Alternatively, you can select to play a random artist (see the configuration)
The script acces the database. I've only tried with MySQL. I think that the "album" mode will work with SQLite, but not the "Artist" mode.
What's New in This Release:
· For amarok 1.4.3 and above(?) ONLY! For ealier versions use 0.2
· Changed script to work with Amarol 1.4.3
· The "tags" table in the database now contains the path of a file below a given "device" (defined in table "devices"). The script now handles that correctly using KURL.
· The "album path" filter filters according to the path below the "device" path. The device path is not taken into account
· No attempt is made to check that the files do exists... This may be problem.... There seem to be no such a method with KURL and the "unicode" function refuse to take a QString (PyQt says it should) so I can't convert things to use os.path.isfile()
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Some tweaking to the monitoring code to make the script behave better in Amarok 2.4.