NotifyAmarok script sends information about currently played tracks to the notification daemon of the libnotify package to be displayed as notification. It is intended to replace Amarok's own OSD, so its recommend to deactivate this via the configuration menu.
The NotifyAmarok script is a first attempt to integrate Amarok in the new notify-osd thats shipped with Ubuntu 9.04 (Gnome) and planned (afaik) for Kubuntu as well. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD for details on notify-osd.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Full Configurable Notification Title, Body and Duration with all song information available and nice unicode symbols
· A nice Help Window that (i hope) explains the configuration accurately
· set Keybinding to trigger a notification when ever you wonder which song is playing atm (though not very straightforward yet) see "Questions and Answers" for Details
· finally just using the same cover images Amarok does without searching for fitting covers
· new code concept/structure that benefits future development of more new features
· now works on Amarok 2.1 Beta as well