MobileRemoteSE is a light (non-Java), serial-over-bluetooth-based remote control for Amarok.
Uses the Sony Ericsson AT command set, and supports the following Sony Ericsson phone models: K750, W800, Z520, W550, W600, W900, W810, Z530, W300, K510, K310, W700, Z525, W710, Z550, Z558, K320
Here are some key features of "MobileRemoteSE":
· Appears under "Entertainment" menu on the phone.
· Supports Play/Pause, Next, Prev, Stop, Volume Up/Down operations from mobile phone.
· Displays the current running track on Amarok in the phone menu title.
· Since J2ME is not used (unlike some other alternatives), the remote control can be used while running some other application on non-multitasking models.
1) Bind /dev/rfcomm0 to the serial-over-bluetooth channel of your mobile. Please refer to your distro docs or howtos on the internet to find out how to do this.
2) Install Device::Modem package for Perl. You can either use your distro packages for this, or install through CPAN as:
cpan -i Device::Modem
3) Install and start script from Amarok.